About the Journal
Crossroads. A Journal of English Studies is an open-access, peer-reviewed electronic quarterly for research in the broad areas of English language, linguistics and Anglophone literature, published by the Faculty of Philology at the University of Białystok (Poland). It welcomes contributions (research papers and review articles) from all subdisciplines of linguistics (theoretical and applied) and literary studies (literary theory and literary criticism). It also provides a forum for contrastive (cross-linguistic, cross-cultural) and interdisciplinary research in the areas of linguistics, literature, cultural studies, and intercultural communication.
e-ISSN: 2300-6250, DOI prefix: 10.15290, Publisher: the Faculty of Philology, University of Białystok, Poland, Pl. NZS 1, 15-420 Białystok, Poland, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 0048 857457446
INFORMATION ABOUT THE JOURNAL
1. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSING: The authors retain copyright in their articles. The authors can deposit their papers in their institutional repositories and other repositories of their choice. Crossroads does not charge any publication fees to authors or their institutions.
OPEN ACCESS: Papers published in Crossroads are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial ShareAlike 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/
All papers published in Crossroads can be accessed for free, without any limitations; full texts of the papers can be read, downloaded, copied and printed for all lawful purposes from this website. The papers published in Crossroads can be viewed using the "Archives" section.
2. ARCHIVING: All papers published in Crossroads are also deposited in the Repository of the University of Białystok (RUB) which serves as a supplementary form of access to the content of the journal: https://repozytorium.uwb.edu.pl/jspui/handle/11320/750
All papers are also deposited on the alternative website of the journal: http://www.crossroads.uwb.edu.pl/
3. FOR AUTHORS : Crossroads publishes mainly research papers and review articles. The submissions must be original, not previously published, and not submitted for publication elsewhere. We do not publish reviews of literary works, film reviews or advertisements. We publish 4 issues per year. Papers can be submitted all year long. Occasionally, we publish thematic issues for which deadlines are announced in the Announcements section. To submit a paper, please click the "Make a Submission" button. For information about manuscript format, go to section For Authors. Information about the submission process and manuscript format is also displayed in section About>Submissions.
4. THE REVIEW PROCESS: Crossroads uses double-blind peer review, which is why the authors must ensure that their name(s) and all other identifying features are removed from the paper, both from the main text and the references. The editor-in-chief and the editorial board ensure that all papers submitted to Crossroads are reviewed by at least two independent reviewers who are experts in their fields and who are affiliated with different institutions than the authors. If the two reviewers reach opposing conclusions, a third reviewer is appointed. The review process usually takes up to 12 weeks. The average number of weeks between submission and publication is 18.
5. INDEXING AND ABSTRACTING:
- SCOPUS (https://www.scopus.com/sourceid/21101060492)
- ERIH PLUS: https://dbh.nsd.uib.no/publiseringskanaler/erihplus/periodical/info?id=494669
- EBSCO ULTIMATE
- DOAJ (The Directory of Open Access Journals)
- The Central and Eastern European Online Library (C.E.E.O.L.): www.ceeol.com
- The Central European Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities (CEJSH): cejsh.icm.edu.pl
- BazHum: bazhum.pl/bib/journal/640